At work on Friday we had a pumpkin carving contest and “Autumn” is what my co-worker and I came up with.
Here are some of the reasons we decided to forego the traditionally carved pumpkin:
1. There is a lot of pressure to come up with an original carving design. This natural pumpkin idea came from google. Not hard at all.
2. Cutting a pumpkin with a knife is hard. Hot gluing acorns and gourds seemed much easier.
3. It’s messy to dig out the inside of a pumpkin. Sorry, co-workers, but I’m not willing to get messy at work for the sake of winning a contest.
4. We can label our pumpkin “made with all natural ingredients”.
5. Since the contest was on Friday and the pumpkins are hanging around till Tuesday, we know ours isn’t going to rot. Rotten pumpkins are stinky. And they attract flies too.
Here’s to hoping Autumn wins the contest!