Monday, June 16, 2008

We're not flooded.

For those of you who have been watching the national news coverage of the flooding in Iowa, I just wanted you to know that we haven't suffered any flood damage. There was a bit of flooding in Des Moines but it was far from us. Thankfully we live on top of a big hill and are not close to the river. So it seems we are safe no matter how high the water rises...

This has been a crazy weather month in Iowa. I thought we might have left the tornadoes, flash floods, and other weather issues in Texas...but I was wrong. There's plenty of severe weather here to keep things interesting.

For the last few days, though, we have had nothing but nice sunshine and great days. It still hasn't even hit the 88 degree mark yet this summer. We could certainly never say that about June in Texas!

1 comment:

Jack and Sheryl said...

Hey Nicole,
I just wanted you to know that I've been on your husband's website at least three times today. Ava's been throwing up the last 24 hours or so and has a fever. I'm thankful for some practical advice. Hopefully being married to a pediatrician will make you a more relaxed parent! :)
Love, Sheryl