Thursday, March 19, 2015

Budget Party Favors

Over the past few years, I have worked hard to reject the Insane Birthday Party Norm for Kids. Don't get me wrong, my kids and I both enjoy a good party. But over the years I have come to discover that at my kids' age (4, 5, & 6) it really doesn't take much to make them happy. Mine are totally happy that they see their friends and get a cupcake. =) And the amount of money that is spent on aforementioned Insane Birthday Party Norm is just crazy. That's just not in my budget. Nor do I want it to be.

So, since we have two birthdays in the same week in March, we did a little playdate birthday party in the backyard. We rented a jumper (which, on a weekday morning is REAL cheap) and invited their friends to come play. We also made our own cupcakes, offered fruit and vegetable snacks and everyone was happy! Thankfully the South Texas weather was awesome and we enjoyed a fun time outside to play with friends.

Last week my husband was trimming the backyard trees and I decided that I could use his scraps to make some birthday party favors. So, may I present to you the $.25 personalized party favor...




 If you have some tree scraps, paint, magnets, and a shred of artistic ability, you can make some too.  And kids will leave your party with something they can keep instead of a bag of sugary junk or choking hazards. Win for everyone! 

So, start planning your Anti-Insane Birthday Party now. You can start with the favors.
You're welcome. =)

No comments: