Saturday, July 05, 2008

I fought the fruit flies...and I won!

And this is a photo of my prize.

Since summer began we have so much yummy fruit in our house, but we have also have some unwelcome guests. Fruit flies. These tiny little flying creatures drive me nuts. They are quick and it seems like they always escape my attempts to swat at them. So, what did I do when I was at the end of my rope? What else? I went to Google. I found this great website about how to get rid of stuff and learned how to set a trap for these little flies. And it worked! All it took was a little apple cider vinegar with a few drops of dish soap in a glass. Within hours, I had my prize of 4 little fruit flies - dead.

I'm sure the war is far from over since summer fruit is still around, but at least now I know how to fight my annoying little enemies. If any of you are waging a war of your own at home, check out the trapping strategies online. They really do work!

No comments: