Sunday, January 25, 2009

Studio Photography.

This semester I am taking a Studio Photography course. While I was initially disappointed to learn that most all of our assignments are still life and not people, I think I'm going to enjoy the class. My ultimate goal in photography is to be good at people pictures but I guess practice of all kinds is valuable. I'm planning to blog about my progress since it seems to make for interesting blog material. Probably most of you are thinking that it sure beats the poop in the bath tub stories...

The first assignment was to photograph an ordinary object on a black background, using one color of dominance. This was only the second time I've been in the studio, so I'm still learning how to use the lights etc. Studio lighting produces a whole new realm of possibilities. Overall I am pleased with the results on this assignment. Any votes for a favorite?




2 comments:

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

I like the last one!

Michelle said...

I like the last one too!!