Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Adrien Brody works out at the Y.


This morning when I was at the Downtown Y, I walked into the machine room and saw Adrien Brody working out on one of the ellipticals. I looked at him and then looked around the room to see if anyone else was totally surprised that a major Hollywood film actor was working out in the same room...no one seemed to care. I got on the bike in front of him and listened to a bit of his conversation with the guy who was with him. They were clearly not locals and Adrien in particular had a New York-type accent. I was convinced it was him, so I decided to talk to him once I finished my workout. The conversation went something like this:

Me: "I'm sorry, but I have to ask you...do you always work out here?"
AB: "Um, I try to."
Me: "Do you live around here?"
AB: "Hmm...I'm staying here for a while."
Me: "Ok, because I was going to say...surely I haven't missed the fact that you always work out here...Do you like Des Moines?"
AB: "Yeah, it's a nice place."
Me: "Yes, particularly in the summer."
AB: "There are a lot of really nice people here."
Me: "Yes, I think so too. Well, I hope you enjoy your time here."
AB: "I will. Thanks."

Nice guy.

I hear he is in town, along with Forest Whitaker, filming a movie called The Experiment, a remake of a German thriller. Supposedly there are two major films being made here in Des Moines this summer. Who knew Iowa was a hot spot for Hollywood?!

No comments: