Happy New Year!
Wow! 2006 has arrived. The New Year always makes me think back over the journey thus far...
Here's a list of what was happening ten years ago at New Year's 1996:
1. I had just finished my first semester of college. I cried for three days over the holidays because I made a C in Chemistry. Age has brought me a little perspective on this...no one ever asks me what grade I made on ANYTHING from college. If only I had known.
2. I had never travelled outside of the U.S.
3. I was still hanging on to hope that things would work out with my high school boyfriend. Again: age has brought a tremendous amount of perspective on this.
4. I still thought that overalls were the coolest thing in my wardrobe.
5. Baseball caps were still the best solution to bad hair days.
6. Braveheart was the favorite movie.
7. Mother Teresa and Princess Diana were still compassionately helping the needy of the world.
8. OJ Simpson had just been acquitted of the murder of his wife and Ron Goldman.
And, ten years ago, I was on a downhill slope spiritually. I ran further and faster from God than ever. It would take a full two years for me to realize that everything I sought could be found in Him. The freedom, love, adventure...they could all be found in Him.